3 Simple Ways to Soak Up Summer During Trade Show Travel
One of the perks of trade show travel is that you get the opportunity to experience many different places, but often times, schedules will already be so packed with "business obligations" that it seems there isn't any time to take advantage of these opportunities. Hill & Partners doesn't want you to miss out on enjoying the places you are in, regardless of how busy you are, so we've put together a list on some simple ways to soak up the Summer during travel this season:
Walk instead of riding that hotel shuttle, take your lunch outside, rent a city bike or go for a run (okay… maybe just stick to walking if you’re feeling less ambitious), grab a book and make time for the hotel pool, or better yet, Google nearby city beaches. Just get outside and soak up that Vitamin D!
New York City: Citibike
Boston: The Hubway
Chicago: Divvy Bikes
Washington DC: Capital BikeShare
San Francisco: Bay Area BikeShare
2. ESCAPE & EXPLORE
Do a little research before your trip to see where you can sneak off to during down time. It’s easy to fall into the same hotel-convention center-dinner pattern, but sometimes all it takes is a little extra effort and pre-planning.
Write your escape time into your itinerary, just like you would for a meeting or dinner plan. That way it won’t lose its importance and you will find the time for it.
See Our Post on TIPS FOR ENJOYING SUMMER IN THESE TOP BUSINESS TRAVEL LOCATIONS
3. VISIT MARGARITAVILLE
As the wise Jimmy Buffet once said, “It’s 5 O’Clock Somewhere.” If you’re a seasoned traveler, chances are you actually have been to a Margaritaville, so this isn’t to take literally, but more to remind you that sitting by the hotel pool, or even in the airport, with a big refreshing beverage… maybe even one with real fruit and umbrellas sticking out of it… can help to give your mind that little “Summer break.” Bonus points for finding some sun to bask in and a spectacular view to look at while you sip it, (alcohol included only after work duties, of course).
- Atlanta - SkyLounge - Located on top of the historic boutique Glenn Hotel in Downtown's Luckie-Marietta District, the Skylounge is among Atlanta's more popular rooftop spots, providing a view of Centennial Olympic Park and the Atlanta skyline. For a refreshing beverage, try the signature lemongrass cocktail.
- New York City - The Press Lounge - The entire atmosphere of this cocktail lounge is defined by beauty. Enjoy breathtaking views of Manhattan and the Hudson River and sip on an after-show cocktail by the vibrant blue glow of the rooftop pool.
- Chicago - Terzo Piano - Located on top of the Art Institute, this gourmet dining will provide spectacular views of Millenium Park (and cutting through the museum to get to the restaurant also provides a free taste of art!)
- Philadelphia - XIX (Nineteen) - Visit this swanky rooftop lounge in the Hyatt Bellevue for stunning city views and gourmet dining options. Catch Happy Hour between 5-7pm for 1/2 price Signature Cocktails.
- Boston - Legal Harborside - You may have been to a Legal Seafoods before, but you probably haven't been to one like this. Legal Harborside in Boston's Seaport area, located near the Boston Convention Center, offers three floors of dining, unbeatable seafood and raw bar options, and a roofdeck patio lounge overlooking Boston Harbor.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
Do you have ideas to share?
Topics: Tips & Tricks